This final thesis statement presents an interpretation of a literary work based on an analysis of its content. Of course, for the essay itself to be successful, you must now present evidence from the novel that will convince the reader of your interpretation.
Question: Write the the question you have been assigned
or the prompt you are going to answer with your essay in the box below.
Writers Workshop: Writer Resources. Grammar Handbook; Citation Styles; ESL Resources; Writing Tips; Writing Tips: Thesis Statements. Defining the Thesis ...
1. Determine the type, purpose, and audience of your paper.
2. Ask a question, then make the answer your thesis statement.
3. Take a stance, then ensure that it is provable.
4. State it in two parts: a clear topic and a brief summary of what you will say.
5. Limit the thesis to one or two sentences.
An essay is a piece of writing that intends to make a single point. That point becomes the basis of your thesis statement. You should have this point in mind while writing the essay as it will keep you on track. The entire essay should be focused on proving the point of your thesis statement.